This game was inspired by watching SMB1 speedruns. It's not really suitable for speedrunning itself as-is, but might be updated/etc at some point. There's a lot that needs fixed, and there's very little in the way of level content (due to time constraints), but the general idea is here.
How to Play
The controls are pretty simple:
- Left/Right arrow, or J/K keys: Move left/right
- Down arrow or K: Turn into sphere while held
- Up arrow or I: Enter a door (or possibly other things...)
- Z: Swing your sword, or when held down, run/roll faster
- X: Jump
When you're in sphere form, you can bounce! But you're still a squishy ninja. The only way to kill things is by using your sword.
Collecting food and killing enemies gives you points. Every 1000 points, you get an additional life.
This was done for the Lisp Game Jam 2017. You can get the source here:
- SDL2 (on Linux; on Windows it comes with)
- OpenGL 3.3